Women choose breast augmentation for individual reasons. Some are looking to restore femininity after a single or double mastectomy while others want to increase their breast size to improve their body confidence. Our board-certified cosmetic surgeon knows firsthand how the breasts and overall body change as you get older. Breast augmentation can restore volume and give you the breast size you’re looking for with saline or silicone breast implants.
There are many benefits of breast augmentation, which vary based on your reasoning for enhancing your breasts including:
- Correct Asymmetry: No two breasts are the same, but some women have significant differences in breast cup size. Breast augmentation can correct uneven breasts by increasing the size of one or both breasts.
- Address Micromastia or Tubular Breasts: These issues arise when the breasts fail to develop correctly or fully during puberty, and women with micromastia (small breasts) or tuberous breasts often experience embarrassment and lowered self-esteem. Breast augmentation can transform the breasts and provide a womanly shape.
- Restore Breasts after Pregnancy and Weight Loss: Your body goes through countless changes during pregnancy and breastfeeding. As your breasts and abdomen retract to their average size and shape, you’ll likely have some degree of breast drooping or sagging. Breast augmentation can restore that volume but can also be combined with a breast lift to provide a youthful contour.
- More Clothing Options: Many of our breast augmentation patients find that they have more wardrobe options following their breast surgery. You could experience a boost in confidence and see yourself wearing more fitted clothing and swimwear.
- Better Sex Life: Research and surveys have found that women report having a higher sex drive after breast augmentation, which could be due to several things such as more confidence in your body or arousal from your partner. These women said they had intercourse more often and experienced more pleasure than before.
- Higher Self Esteem: When you’re happy and comfortable with your appearance and body shape, it impacts your self-esteem. You may find this improves other areas of your life such as your career and social choices.
Candidates for Breast Augmentation
If you’re unhappy with the size and/or shape of your breasts, you’re likely a good candidate for breast augmentation. However, it’s essential that you have realistic expectations for what we can accomplish with this procedure as well as be in good overall health. You’ll need to have the time available to prepare and recover from breast augmentation and quit smoking if you’re a smoker. Women must be at least 18 for saline breast implants and 22 for silicone breast implants.
Our cosmetic surgeon can help determine if breast augmentation is right for you. Dr. Karlinsky will help you choose the right breast size for your body shape as well as the implant type and placement.
Schedule Your Breast Augmentation Consultation in Westchester
Contact Westchester Surgical Arts today at (914) 295-2662 to schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Karlinsky. Our cosmetic surgeon serves patients in nearby areas of Westchester, New York.