Adapting With the Times: How Does Breast Augmentation Produce More Natural Results Than Ever Before?
3 Minute Read:
When breast augmentation surgery first became popular, many women were interested in full, overly large implants to accentuate their breasts. However, as time went on, some women realized how inconvenient massive breasts could be in daily life.
This resulted in many women having their implants removed or replaced with a smaller size.
However, now breast augmentation techniques are changing. With more women interested in subtle, natural enhancement, cosmetic surgeons are tailoring their breast augmentations to the new desires of their patients.
So, how is it that surgeons can now produce more natural results than in previous years?
The Surge of Natural-Looking Breasts
Back in the mid-‘90s, overly large breasts were the rage. Women were looking at celebrities like Pamela Anderson, thinking that larger was better.
Unfortunately, many women who may have been initially happy with their appearance were not thrilled with the look of their noticeably augmented breasts years later.
Many women even needed to consider breast lift surgery to address the premature sagging caused by the heavy implants.
Now, women tend to want more subtle, natural-looking enhancement.
Achieving a Natural Look
Today, most cosmetic surgeons encourage their patients to choose implant sizes that complement, enhance, and balance their figure without overwhelming it.
To achieve the natural look, many cosmetic surgeons suggest using silicone implants placed below the muscle. This material and placement will imitate the feel, look, and shape of a natural breast, creating results so natural that it will be up to the patient to decide if they want to let anyone know they have undergone breast augmentation surgery.
Additionally, some breast augmentation patients are ditching implants altogether for fat transfer breast augmentation, which uses fat that has been removed from other parts of your body with liposuction to increase breast size.
While this cannot match the potential volume increase offered with implants, fat transfer breast augmentation does allow for a subtle increase with a natural augmenting material.
While some women still desire to have larger, more sensual breasts, many consider how their new breasts will affect their lifestyle. More active women understand that activities like high-intensity workouts are not as easy when carrying the weight of oversized breasts.
Others realize that extremely heavy breasts can cause other problems such as back and neck pain.
In the end, many women decide that less is more when it comes to their implants.
An experienced surgeon is crucial to achieving your desired results. Cosmetic surgeons are like any of us. As time goes by and the repetition of procedures increases, their skills and confidence grow as well.
Cosmetic surgeons have years of experience and are able to ensure natural, beautiful results.
Are You Interested in Learning More About Breast Augmentation Surgery?
If you are interested in learning how you can achieve a natural-looking breast enhancement through breast augmentation, please contact Westchester Cosmetic Surgical Arts at (914) 295-2662 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a consultation.
When you think of breast surgery, breast implants likely are what comes to mind, but there are a variety of breast procedures that go far beyond enhancement. Our triple-board-certified cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Victoria Karlinsky, understands firsthand the changes a woman’s breasts go through. From menses to pregnancy to menopause, your breasts are continually fluctuating, and many women experience breast problems that require cosmetic or reconstructive surgery.
Some of the breast concerns or conditions that can be fixed with breast surgery include:
Women choose breast augmentation for individual reasons. Some are looking to restore femininity after a single or double mastectomy while others want to increase their breast size to improve their body confidence. Our board-certified cosmetic surgeon knows firsthand how the breasts and overall body change as you get older. Breast augmentation can restore volume and give you the breast size you’re looking for with saline or silicone breast implants.
There are many benefits of breast augmentation, which vary based on your reasoning for enhancing your breasts including:
- Correct Asymmetry: No two breasts are the same, but some women have significant differences in breast cup size. Breast augmentation can correct uneven breasts by increasing the size of one or both breasts.
- Address Micromastia or Tubular Breasts: These issues arise when the breasts fail to develop correctly or fully during puberty, and women with micromastia (small breasts) or tuberous breasts often experience embarrassment and lowered self-esteem. Breast augmentation can transform the breasts and provide a womanly shape.
- Restore Breasts after Pregnancy and Weight Loss: Your body goes through countless changes during pregnancy and breastfeeding. As your breasts and abdomen retract to their average size and shape, you’ll likely have some degree of breast drooping or sagging. Breast augmentation can restore that volume but can also be combined with a breast lift to provide a youthful contour.
- More Clothing Options: Many of our breast augmentation patients find that they have more wardrobe options following their breast surgery. You could experience a boost in confidence and see yourself wearing more fitted clothing and swimwear.
- Better Sex Life: Research and surveys have found that women report having a higher sex drive after breast augmentation, which could be due to several things such as more confidence in your body or arousal from your partner. These women said they had intercourse more often and experienced more pleasure than before.
- Higher Self Esteem: When you’re happy and comfortable with your appearance and body shape, it impacts your self-esteem. You may find this improves other areas of your life such as your career and social choices.
Candidates for Breast Augmentation
If you’re unhappy with the size and/or shape of your breasts, you’re likely a good candidate for breast augmentation. However, it’s essential that you have realistic expectations for what we can accomplish with this procedure as well as be in good overall health. You’ll need to have the time available to prepare and recover from breast augmentation and quit smoking if you’re a smoker. Women must be at least 18 for saline breast implants and 22 for silicone breast implants.
Our cosmetic surgeon can help determine if breast augmentation is right for you. Dr. Karlinsky will help you choose the right breast size for your body shape as well as the implant type and placement.
Schedule Your Breast Augmentation Consultation in Westchester
Contact Westchester Surgical Arts today at (914) 295-2662 to schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Karlinsky. Our cosmetic surgeon serves patients in nearby areas of Westchester, New York.breast reduction for many reasons. Learn more from our Westchester cosmetic surgeons in the infographic below.
If you’re interested in a breast reduction, please contact us today at (914) 295-2662 to schedule your consultation. Westchester Cosmetic Surgical Arts serves patients in Westchester, New York, and surrounding areas.