Injectables have been a lifesaver for many patients who seek to restore their youthful looks. You can use them in various ways, including filling in lines and wrinkles on your face, plumping up lips, and increasing volume around the facial region.
There’s always one question that comes up when choosing (and pricing out) injectable fillers: How much will I need?
What Facial Areas Can Get Injectable Fillers?
You can use fillers in nearly any part of the face; however, they are common in the cheeks, temples, jawline, chin, lips, and forehead. Each of these locations will require a different amount (and, often, a different filler product).
The first step to determine how much product you’re getting is understanding the size of the syringe needed. Filler syringes come in different sizes that range from 0.3 to 1ml.
How Much Filler Do You Need for Each Area of Your Face?
The amount of filler used during a procedure varies, depending on who you ask. Some doctors advocate using 10 to 15 syringes of filler per session, while others feel each patient is different.
However, several factors determine the amount of filler put into each part of your face, such as where the area is, how many other regions are getting treatment, and your unique facial structure.
What Are the Specifications by Facial Area?
- Cheeks: Cheeks are very versatile and also the most challenging region of your face to treat. For each treatment, you’ll need 10 to 15 filler syringes. Injecting too much filler might result in undesirable side effects, including a “duck-billed” appearance.
- Forehead: Forehead wrinkles are among the first indications of aging in both men and women. You will need about 10 syringes of filler. Also, if you’re thinking about dermal fillers, find a doctor well trained in advanced techniques like filler-lipofilling.
- Chin: You can increase chin projection and definition using dermal fillers. The treatment area is usually smaller, so you will need less filler to get the desired results. For optimum effects, you should expect to inject eight to 10 syringes of filler.
- Lips: The lips are one of the first facial areas to experience aging signs. You can use hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers to add volume to your lips and deal with lines and wrinkles around the lips (smoker’s lines). You could inject around 10 to 20 syringes of filler (total) for the upper and lower lips.
- Jawline: The jawline is a tough spot to treat since it requires a doctor with extensive expertise in anatomy, face structure, and filler qualities to get positive outcomes. You’ll need roughly eight to 10 syringes of filler.
- Temple: Your temples can get treatment with a small amount of filler. 0.3ml is enough for both of your temples.
Are Facial Fillers Safe?
Dermal fillers are very safe and reliable. However, when getting an injection, you should find someone qualified. Our well-equipped team is here to assist and answer all your questions.