Women choose breast augmentation for individual reasons. Some are looking to restore femininity after a single or double mastectomy while others want to increase their breast size to improve their body confidence. Our board-certified cosmetic surgeon knows firsthand how the breasts and overall body change as you get older. Breast augmentation can restore volume and give you the breast size you’re looking for with saline or silicone breast implants.
There are many benefits of breast augmentation, which vary based on your reasoning for enhancing your breasts including:
- Correct Asymmetry: No two breasts are the same, but some women have significant differences in breast cup size. Breast augmentation can correct uneven breasts by increasing the size of one or both breasts.
- Address Micromastia or Tubular Breasts: These issues arise when the breasts fail to develop correctly or fully during puberty, and women with micromastia (small breasts) or tuberous breasts often experience embarrassment and lowered self-esteem. Breast augmentation can transform the breasts and provide a womanly shape.
- Restore Breasts after Pregnancy and Weight Loss: Your body goes through countless changes during pregnancy and breastfeeding. As your breasts and abdomen retract to their average size and shape, you’ll likely have some degree of breast drooping or sagging. Breast augmentation can restore that volume but can also be combined with a breast lift to provide a youthful contour.
- More Clothing Options: Many of our breast augmentation patients find that they have more wardrobe options following their breast surgery. You could experience a boost in confidence and see yourself wearing more fitted clothing and swimwear.
- Better Sex Life: Research and surveys have found that women report having a higher sex drive after breast augmentation, which could be due to several things such as more confidence in your body or arousal from your partner. These women said they had intercourse more often and experienced more pleasure than before.
- Higher Self Esteem: When you’re happy and comfortable with your appearance and body shape, it impacts your self-esteem. You may find this improves other areas of your life such as your career and social choices.
Candidates for Breast Augmentation
If you’re unhappy with the size and/or shape of your breasts, you’re likely a good candidate for breast augmentation. However, it’s essential that you have realistic expectations for what we can accomplish with this procedure as well as be in good overall health. You’ll need to have the time available to prepare and recover from breast augmentation and quit smoking if you’re a smoker. Women must be at least 18 for saline breast implants and 22 for silicone breast implants.
Our cosmetic surgeon can help determine if breast augmentation is right for you. Dr. Karlinsky will help you choose the right breast size for your body shape as well as the implant type and placement.
Schedule Your Breast Augmentation Consultation in Westchester
Contact Westchester Surgical Arts today at (914) 295-2662 to schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Karlinsky. Our cosmetic surgeon serves patients in nearby areas of Westchester, New York.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons recently released the 2018 statistics for cosmetic procedures in the United States, which totals 17.7 million. Minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures such as dermal fillers and chemical peels make up the bulk of that number with 15.9 million treatments in 2018, with the remaining 1.8 million being cosmetic surgical procedures. The top five cosmetic surgeries in 2018 include:
1. Breast Augmentation
There were 313,735 breast augmentation procedures in 2018. This cosmetic surgery enhances breast size with saline or silicone breast implants or the newer, fat transfer method that utilizes fat from another area of your body. Women often choose breast augmentation to correct congenital conditions such as breast asymmetry and tuberous breasts or to increase their self-esteem and body confidence.
Lipo can contour nearly every area of your body from addressing a double chin to getting rid of the dreaded “love handles.” Liposuction can also be utilized for male breast reduction to address gynecomastia (enlarged male breasts) as well as collecting fat deposits for the Brazilian Butt Lift and fat transfer breast augmentation. At Westchester Surgical Arts, we offer traditional liposuction, Lunchtime Lipo, and Tickle Lipo. There were 258,558 liposuction procedures in 2018.
3. Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery)
Commonly referred to as a “nose job,” the rhinoplasty surgically alters the size and/or shape of the nose for medical or cosmetic reasons. This includes narrowing or widening the nostrils, addressing a bump on the bridge of the nose, and correcting a crooked nose. The rhinoplasty procedure can involve altering the bone in the upper portion of the nose, cartilage, and/or skin tissue. There were 213,780 rhinoplasties in 2018.
4. Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Blepharoplasty is performed for medical or cosmetic reasons and addresses drooping eyelids, which can impact your vision, making it difficult to read, write, or drive. This face procedure may involve removing excess skin tissue, fat, and repositioning the muscles to restore taut eyelids. There were 206, 529 eyelid surgeries performed in 2018.
5. Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
The tummy tuck is a popular procedure among women and men. The full tummy tuck removes excess skin tissue and fat deposits from the upper and lower abdomen while also repositioning abdominal muscles that have stretched due to pregnancy or significant weight gain. The mini-abdominoplasty addresses excess skin tissue in the lower abdomen below the belly button. This body procedure is often combined with liposuction and breast surgery for a mommy makeover.
Schedule Your Cosmetic Surgery Consultation in Westchester
Our board-certified cosmetic surgeon in Westchester specializes in face and body procedures as well as nonsurgical treatments for men and women looking to improve or restore their appearance. We offer all of the surgeries listed above and can answer your questions during your in-depth, one-on-one consultation with Dr. Karlinsky.
If you’re interested in one or more of the cosmetic surgeries discussed in this blog, please contact Westchester Surgical Arts today at (914) 295-2662 to schedule your consultation. Our cosmetic surgeon serves clients throughout New York City.Laser hair removal can save you time, money, and frustration by getting rid of unwanted hair in 8-10 treatments. Learn more in the infographic below.
If you’re interested in laser hair removal, please contact us in Westchester, New York today at (914) 295-2662 to schedule your consultation. Westchester Cosmetic Surgical Arts provides facial, breast, and body procedures and treatments to patients in nearby areas of New York. facelift results, giving you a beautiful appearance with long-lasting rejuvenation:
If you’re interested in a facelift, please contact Westchester Cosmetic Surgical Arts today at (914) 295-2662 to schedule your consultation. We provide facial, breast, and body procedures and treatments to patients in nearby areas of Westchester, New York. breast reduction for many reasons. Learn more from our Westchester cosmetic surgeons in the infographic below.
If you’re interested in a breast reduction, please contact us today at (914) 295-2662 to schedule your consultation. Westchester Cosmetic Surgical Arts serves patients in Westchester, New York, and surrounding areas.